The "ABN Charaidew" is a 38m long twin-engine steel hulled passenger boat. She was completely stripped down and rebuilt by ABN in 2003 to provide 10 twin-bedded & 2 double bedded cabins with en-suite shower and W.C. The grand old lady of our fleet, she makes up in character what she lacks in twenty-first century glitz. The polished brass engine room telegraph and enormous ship’s wheel bear witness to her heritage. All cabin accommodation is on the upper deck, as is a bar and saloon opening onto a front deck. A dining room with full length opening glass doors on each side is on the lower deck, while a large top sundeck offers additional comfortable open-air seating in shade or sun. Local handloom fabrics specially woven for us and comfortable cane sofas and chairs contribute to the attractive decor.
Deck Plan of ABN Charaidew
Features of ABN Charaidew
- Spacious cabins with individual climate control.
- En suite shower/WC with biotique toiletries.
- Generous cupboard space and under-bed storage.
- Hair drier in each cabin.
- In-room electronic safe.
- High quality linens.
- Large sliding glass windows to provide panoramic river views.
Services of ABN Charaidew
- Shore excursion programme including all admissions.
- Experienced guide & naturalist on all excursions.
- Cold towel service after excursions.
- Welcome drink after excursions.
- Shoe-cleaning after excursions.
- Turndown service in all cabins.
- Expertly trained culinary staff.
- Single seating for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Acclaimed combination of Indian & Western cuisines.
- Wide choice of wines, spirits & beer.
- Complimentary tea, coffee & mineral water throughout.
- Welcome reception.
- Farewell reception.
- Spacious air-conditioned saloon with library & recorded entertainment.
- Local on-board dance & song performances.
- Vast sundeck both open & shaded, with sunloungers or steamer chairs.