Our new ship "ABN Rajmahal", entered service on the Hugli and the Ganges on schedule in mid-February 2014. Built in Kolkata, she is 50m long, is powered by 3 engines, and with extra-shallow draught and a lower profile than conventional designs she can cruise further upstream than any of her competitors. There are 22 cabins in all, 14 spacious twin/double cabins on the upper deck and 4 twin/double cabins on the main deck, together with 4 single cabins for which we charge no supplement. All cabins have French balconies. The décor is stylish and fresh, with touches of colonial elegance, and uses handblocked cotton fabrics of traditional Indian-inspired designs. As with the other ships in our fleet, there is a comfortable saloon and bar and a dining room, together with a vast canopied sundeck. A small spa offers a wide range of treatments.
All cabins and public rooms on our ships are air-conditioned.
Food on board is a mixture of Assamese (milder than most Indian cuisine) and continental. Wines, beer and spirits are available.
Deck Plan of ABN Rajmahal
Features of ABN Rajmahal
- Spacious cabins with individual climate control.
- En suite shower/WC with biotique toiletries.
- Generous cupboard space and under-bed storage.
- Hair drier in each cabin.
- In-room electronic safe.
- High quality linens.
- Large sliding glass windows to provide panoramic river views.
Services of ABN Rajmahal
- Shore excursion programme including all admissions.
- Maximum 20 guests per guide on all excursions.
- Naturalist onboard the vessel.
- Cold towel service after excursions.
- Welcome drink after excursions.
- Shoe-cleaning after excursions.
- Turndown service in all cabins.
- Expertly trained culinary staff.
- Single seating for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Acclaimed combination of Indian & Western cuisines.
- Wide choice of wines, spirits & beer.
- Complimentary tea, coffee & mineral water throughout.
- Welcome reception.
- Farewell reception.
- Spacious air-conditioned saloon with library & recorded entertainment.
- Local on-board dance & song performances.
- Vast sundeck both open & shaded, with sunloungers or steamer chairs.
- Spa with choice of treatment.
- Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass window with Freanch balconies.
- Tea/coffee making facilities in cabins.
- Refrigerators in cabins.
- Intercommunication telephone in cabins.
- High quality bathrobes & slippers.