Imagine not having to unpack every few nights and yet, your scenery changes every hour!
To experience the best of East India from one river valley to another, here is your itinerary -
Days 1 to 4 The Ganges River
Expedition cruising beyond Kolkata
Take a 3-night expedition cruise on the Lower Ganges to explore the iconic river valley tangled in deep colonial history onboard ABN Sukapha.
Fly into Kolkata airport with direct domestic and international flight connections.
* Culturally immersive experience of Bengal’s rich heritage beyond the city of Kolkata a.k.a Calcutta.
* Visit old colonial towns and monuments on tuk-tuks, on foot and if you wish, on cycles.
* Sunsets on the sundeck bar-lounge with the changing scenery of the Ganges River Valley.
* Renowned Bengal folk performance.
Your stay, ABN Sukapha on the Ganges River
Days 4 to 7 The Brahmaputra River
Majuli Island, Tea Plantations & Ahom Kingdom
Spend 3-nights onboard your floating hotel on the Brahmaputra River that will dock in the periphery of Majuli Island to give you access to the best of upper Assam from the river.
Fly in and out of Jorhat Airport with direct flight connections to Kolkata.
* Experience Majuli Island through the eyes of a local guide to visit monasteries, tribal villages and eat local delicacies.
* Stroll through tea plantations (tea tasting session can be organised too) and the gibbon sanctuary.
* Visit the monuments from the Ahom Kingdom - the only dynasty to have ruled Assam for 600years.
* Breakfast on the sundeck; lunch in a local tribal restaurant; cocktail hour with spectacular sunsets; and BBQ and bonfire before dinner is the perfect way to enjoy each day.
Your stay, ABN Charaidew I on the Brahmaputra River
ABN Charaidew will be operating as a floating hotel in the periphery of Majuli River Island when not cruising for private exclusive charters.
If you wish to extend your itinerary by a few days, do include safaris in Kaziranga National Park to spot plenty of the one-horned Rhinos, Elephants, Indian Bisons and if you are lucky, even a tiger. Spend days 7 to 9 at our Diphlu River Lodge located in the periphery of Kaziranga National Park.
Click here to view details about our safari eco-lodge in Kaziranga National Park.
If you would like to know more about this new experience, please contact us here for details.